You + some of the world's most exotic animals and landscapes = an unforgettable adventure
Enter to win a once-in-a-lifetime safari for two with African Wildlife Foundation!
Enter here to win
Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR DONATION DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: African Wildlife Foundation Kenya Safari Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is offered only in the United States and other countries where this Sweepstakes promotion is not prohibited by law. Sweepstakes begins on August 7, 2014 for residents of the United States and on August 20, 2014 for all other countries and ends at 11:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on September 15, 2014 ("Promotion Period").
2. ENTRY CONSTITUTES AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THE OFFICIAL RULES: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. No exceptions or substitutes will be made.
3. SPONSOR: African Wildlife Foundation, 1400 Sixteenth Street, N.W., Suite 120, Washington, D.C. 20036.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must complete in full the online entry form at http://www.awf.org/safari-sweepstakes by September 15, 2014. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete entry of information. A confirmation email will be sent to all entrants confirming that their entry was received. Limit: One (1) entry per email address. In the event more than one (1) entry is received from any single email address, the first entry processed will be considered the only valid entry received. Any potential winner may be required to show proof of being the individual who submitted the entry form, and must meet eligibility requirements stated herein.
5. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States and other countries where this Sweepstakes promotion is not prohibited by law. Employees, directors, officers, and their immediate families (spouses and siblings, parents and children and their spouses), of the Sponsor are not eligible. You must be 21 years of age or older at the time of entry and reside in the United States or another country where this Sweepstakes promotion is not prohibited by law and meet the eligibility and liability requirements as set forth herein in order to be eligible to receive the prize. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. You must be a qualified individual to go on the safari (see Rule #7 below). No group, club, or organization can participate in this Sweepstakes on behalf of same.
6. PRIZE DESCRIPTION: Only one (1) prize will be awarded, consisting of an opportunity for a qualified individual plus one (1) guest, at least 14 years of age, to go to Kenya on the African Wildlife Kenya Safari from Tuesday February 3, 2015 through Saturday February 13, 2015. The winner must be available to travel to Kenya and join the Kenya Safari on these dates. The prize shall include the cost of the safari, including accommodations, meals, park fees, and travel within Kenya. THE WINNER AND GUEST MUST PAY HIS OR HER AIRFARE TO AND FROM KENYA (ESTIMATED TO BE APPROXIMATELY $2500 ROUNDTRIP PER PERSON) AND MUST MAKE HIS OR HER OWN FLIGHT ARRANGEMENTS. The winner and guest are also responsible for airport taxes, passport and visa fees, fuel surcharges, alcoholic beverages, gratuities, travel insurance, and personal items. The reasonable value of the safari is $14,000. The prize is not redeemable in cash. No alternate, runner up or consolation prizes will be awarded. If the winning entrant fails to meet any of the eligibility or qualification requirements, or cannot or will not travel to and participate in the Kenya Safari taking place from Tuesday February 3, 2015 through Saturday February 13, 2015 then the prize will be offered to an alternate entrant.
7. CONDITIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Because of the nature of the prize, the winner and guest need to be able to meet certain physical qualifications and time limitations. The winner and guest must be capable of enduring the rigors of travel to and from his or her place of residence to Kenya and of an African safari, including temperature extremes and physical demands. The winner and guest must also have certification of all vaccinations necessary to travel to East Africa and possess required travel documents (e.g., valid passport, visa) prior to departure. The winner and guest agree to provide proof as may be reasonably required to affirm availability, possession of required travel documents, certification of vaccinations, and physical condition to travel and participate in the safari. Failure to do so to Sponsor's satisfaction may, in its sole discretion, result in forfeiture of the prize without compensation. In accepting the prize, the winner and guest consent to the use of his or her names, photographs or other likenesses, testimonials and other biographical information, excluding personally identifiable information, for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of African Wildlife Foundation without further compensation unless prohibited by law. The winner is responsible for any applicable federal, national, state, provincial or local taxes or fees that may apply. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to determine what taxes or other fees may be assessed on the prize.
8. WINNER SELECTION AND VERIFICATION: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about September 30, 2014 from among all eligible entries received. Three alternate winners will be selected in order. Being selected as an alternate has no value unless those selected first do not qualify for the prize. Drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor or an independent judging organization. On September 30, 2014, the Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner by telephone and email. The potential winner must respond by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours of the Sponsor's first attempt to contact him/her in order to be eligible to claim the prize. If the potential winner timely responds, Sponsor will orally request information from the potential winner to confirm preliminary eligibility, including potential winner's availability to travel to and participate in the safari. If a potential winner is deemed potentially eligible based on the preliminary questions, Sponsor will send an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and, unless prohibited by law, a Publicity Release form (collectively "Affidavit/Release") to the potential winner by e-mail or facsimile to be executed and returned by email or facsimile within five (5) calendar days from the delivery of Sponsor's email or facsimile. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within the specified time after the first attempt to contact him/her, if he/she fails to execute and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, or if he/she is otherwise ineligible to receive the prize, an alternate will be selected in his/her place and Sponsor will attempt to contact and obtain the required Affidavit/Release from that potential winner.
9. TRANSFER OF PRIZES: There are no restrictions on a winner's ability to transfer a prize after it has been awarded in the Kenya Sweepstakes drawing. Subject to the pertinent prize requirements, the winner is free to donate, gift or otherwise distribute the prize to another person, subject to the restrictions that the individual who uses the prize must be 21 years of age or older, reside in the United States or another country where this Sweepstakes promotion is not prohibited by law, meet the conditions and qualifications described in Rule #7, and possess the required vaccination certification and travel documents. Note, the winner of the prize must return the Affidavit/Release within five (5) calendar days of delivery or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The winner remains solely responsible for complying with all prize requirements, providing African Wildlife Foundation with all proper documentation that the prize has been transferred, as required by African Wildlife Foundation in connection with any requested transfer of a prize, and any and all taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with the prize.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS/RELEASE: By participating, entrants (a) release Sponsor, its respective directors, officers, agents and employees from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by their participation, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize; and (b) acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize including, but not limited to, its quality or availability, or suitability. Neither Sponsor nor any service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data or voice transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone or data network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or website or to complete a telephone call or facsimile transaction, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost or misdirected mail. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY INTERFERE OR TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, technical failures or any other causes that, in the opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of any cancellation, termination, or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at www.awf.org and the determination of the winner will be made, from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the termination, cancellation or suspension, as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
11. DISPUTES: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the District of Columbia; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the District of Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the District of Columbia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other the District of Columbia.
13. WINNER'S NAME: For the name of the winner, mail a stamped self-addressed envelope to: Kenya Safari Sweepstakes, African Wildlife Foundation, 1400 Sixteenth Street, N.W., Suite 120, Washington, D.C. 20036. Specify on the outside of the envelope, on the back, "winners list." Requests must be received by thirty days after contest ends.
14. CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL FROM SPONSOR: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to receive email communications from African Wildlife Foundation. Residents of Canada and the European Union acknowledge that by entering the Sweepstakes they have given African Wildlife Foundation permission to communicate with them through email.
15. REMOVAL FROM LIST: You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all emails. You may request that your name be excluded from all lists of names and addresses used by African Wildlife Foundation for sweepstakes or any other purpose by submitting a written request to African Wildlife Foundation, 1400 Sixteenth Street, N.W., Suite 120, Washington, D.C. 20036.