During this holiday season, you can treat your loved ones to gifts that also give back to Africa’s wildlife—or put these items on your own wishlist.
Here at African Wildlife Foundation, we’re lucky enough to work with a variety of generous partners who are passionate about giving back.
Below are a few easy ways you can make this a great holiday season for Africa’s wildlife.
1. AmazonSmile: If you use Amazon to do your holiday—or even your day-to-day shopping—remember to access the retailer through AWF’s AmazonSmile link, and choose AWF as the charity you’re supporting. Now all of your purchases can support our conservation efforts!
2. Sharp Shirter: Snag a one-of-a-kind tee or shower curtain from our friends at Sharp Shirter, and help save wildlife at the same time. You'll get to proudly show off your love for wildlife, and 20% of proceeds from the AWF collection are donated back to AWF.
3. Endangered Species Chocolate (ESC): Anyone with a sweet tooth will love (ESC). Not only does ESC use sustainable production methods, but they donate 10% of net profits to AWF and partner organizations to support species conservation, habitat preservation and humanitarian efforts.
4. WebThriftStore: You can contribute an item to our store to help us get up and running on the WebThriftStore Platform. AWF recently partnered with this online second-hand store, which has everything from Manolo Blahnik shoes and Louis Vuitton handbags to rare books and art pieces—and once we have a full store, you can purchase items
5. Shopping via iGive and iMyne: Another easy way to raise money for wildlife is to download the free iGive and/or iMyne browser extension buttons, and choose to shop for African Wildlife Foundation. As you shop online, the buttons will activate on retail sites that participate in the give back program, and you’ll be able to support our conservation efforts with purchases you’re already making.
6. TisBest Charity Gift Cards: TisBest allows you to give, and get, a different type of gift card. These gift cards for good allow you to give gift cards that the recipient can “spend” on a charitable donation—or put the TisBest card on your wishlist, so you can “spend” your card on African Wildlife Foundation.
7. Jewelry from Altruette and Alex Woo: Everyone loves something shiny during the holidays. If you’re looking toward jewelry, consider Alex Woo or Altruette for their African wildlife themed baubles. Both jewelers donate a portion of the proceeds from these collections to AWF.
Gayane is AWF's Digital and Partner Marketing Manager. She oversees online fundraising, social media marketing and affiliate relationships. Gayane is passionate about communicating the message of conservation through new tools and technologies and finding ways to make information easily accessible. She is a graduate of the University of Florida.
AWF Blogs bring you to the critical landscapes we work in, where conservation benefits both wildlife and people alike. The blogs are written by our staff - men and women who have dedicated their lives to Africa's wildlife, people and wild lands.
5:00pm Nov 16th
3:01pm Nov 16th
8:00am Nov 16th
5:00am Nov 16th
8:00pm Nov 15th
6:00pm Nov 15th
4:30pm Nov 15th
6:00am Nov 15th
4:05am Nov 15th
6:27pm Nov 14th