TENDER NUMBER: NO. AWF/RFP 4/14-2021
African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) is an international conservation organization formed in 1961. Together with the people of Africa, AWF works to ensure that the wildlife and wild lands of Africa will endure forever. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, AWF has field offices in nine African countries: (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Cameroon, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Niger, and Rwanda) and is registered in the United Kingdom, Canada, Switzerland, and South Africa.
AWF is requesting proposals from licensed certified public accounting firms to provide statutory audit and tax services for its Tanzania country program for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2021. These services are to be performed in accordance with the provisions included in this request for proposal.
A three-year contract with the option of annual renewals is contemplated, subject to satisfactory negotiation of terms and the annual concurrence of AWF Board.
Budget and Funding
AWF’s annual operating budget for Kenya program for FY2021 is $8 million. This budget is sourced from a mix of public sector donors, United States agencies, the European Union and Germany. Private funding comes from a variety of sources, including individual major donors, foundations and corporations. AWF also provides budget support through the Unrestricted funding to support those operations not covered by the restricted sources.
Scope of Work
- Confirm that the books of accounts provide the basis for preparation of the financial statements and that they are established to reflect the financial statements.
- That the AWF maintains adequate internal controls and supporting documentation for its transactions.
- Express a professional opinion on the financial statements of the AWF on whether the statements present fairly the financial position at the end of each financial year and
- That the financial statements are prepared in accordance with accounting principles, standards and all relevant laws and regulations.
- Prepare a report to management concerning areas of risks and where internal accounting controls can be improved.
- Compile and file annual return with the Non-Governmental Co-ordination Board not later than September 15 of every year. The annual audited report accompanying the annual return shall confirm with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Prepare and file AWF annual Tax returns with Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) not later than 31st October of every year and obtain Tax Compliance Certificate.
AWF reserves the right, where it may serve the organization’s best interest, to request additional information or clarifications from proposers, or to allow corrections of errors or omissions. It is anticipated the selection of a firm will be completed and an engagement letter executed by May 31, 2021. Late bids shall be rejected.